X-Country Ski Registration Open
Last Day for registration: Nov 23, 2016
Programs starting at age 5 & up to adults
Recreational & Competitive / Classic & Skate
Visit www.xcbraggcreek.ca for more info
West Bragg Creek Trail Host Volunteers Needed
The Greater Bragg Creek Trails Association (GBCTA) is in need of volunteers to be West Bragg Creek (WBC) trail hosts starting in June 2016. If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information, please contact: Ursula Wohlfarth, at
, or 403-228-4435.
WBC Trail Host Volunteer Job Descriptions & Expectations:
We are volunteers for Alberta Parks and also goodwill ambassadors for the Greater Bragg Creek Trails Association. We use education and awareness to improve the trail users experience and to help ensure safety and minimize conflict.
West Bragg Creek Trails 2015 Summary
The Greater Bragg Creek Trails Association achieved a very successful 2015 work season.
Volunteers contributed 9087 hours of work and $172,000 of donations were spent on dozens of projects to construct, upgrade and maintain the West Bragg Creek trail network.
All-Season Trails (Hiking, Biking, Equestrian and Snowshoeing)
- The 4.7 km Snakes & Ladders trail was constructed to link Ranger Summit to Ridgeback trails. The trail and a new bridge was built with a combination of a mini-excavator, a back-hoe supplied by Spray Lakes Sawmills and the hand labour of over 100 different volunteers.
- 1.6 km of Demi-Tel trail was upgraded with significant drainage and tread repair work.
- 0.8 km of Snowshoe Hare (west) trail was received major drainage and tread reconstruction.
- East Telephone Loop got an additional 0.8 km of drainage work and tread improvements to complete the upgrades that were started in 2014.
- Trail repairs and ongoing maintenance was completed at 15 sites on Braggin Rights, Long Distance, Boundary Ridge, Ranger Summit and Strange Brew trails.
2016 All Season Trails Work Plan
Upgrade 16.7 kilometers of cross country ski trails : $30,000
- Moose Loop (5.8 km), Iron Springs (4.7 km), Elbow (5.2 km), Loggers (0.1 km), West
Crystal Line (0.2 km), Middle Crystal Line (0.2 km) and Sundog (0.5 km).
- Scope of work includes: Brush clearing, removal of encroaching or overhanging trees,
completing drainage and tread repairs/grading/smoothing, culverts and the addition of a ski
bridge on Moose Loop.
Mountain View West : Add new 3.8 km ski trail $15,500
- Formalize the transfer of Spray Lakes Haul Road 1109A to the West Bragg Creek trail system.
- Work with Spray Lakes Sawmills regarding reclamation, drainage and tread work.
GBCTA scope of work: replace one SLS bridge and supply 1214
Login Below and then navigate to http://braggcreektrails.org/report