The Greater Bragg Creek Trails Association (GBCTA) is in need of volunteers to be West Bragg Creek (WBC) trail hosts starting in June 2016. If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information, please contact: Ursula Wohlfarth, at email@example.com, or 403-228-4435.
WBC Trail Host Volunteer Job Descriptions & Expectations:
We are volunteers for Alberta Parks and also goodwill ambassadors for the Greater Bragg Creek Trails Association. We use education and awareness to improve the trail users experience and to help ensure safety and minimize conflict.
a) Volunteer trail hosts provide information to visitors at the West Bragg Creek parking lot or on the WBC trails or at the new WBC Trails Centre (Fall 2016).
b) Among the duties the trail hosts are expected to perform are:
- Welcome new users and provide a general orientation to the area.
- Serve as an information resource, helping people to understand that the trails are multi-use and that trail use etiquette guidelines exist to improve the trail users experience and to help ensure safety and minimize conflict.
- Help members of the public to understand the trails map and current trail conditions so they can access a trail or route appropriate for the intended activity.
- Encourage trail users to donate or volunteer to support ongoing trails development and maintenance.
- Minimum six shifts during the calendar year as a Trail host (*some volunteers may only wish to be involved during the season of their chosen recreational activity. For example, some skiers may not want to provide Host shifts during the summer season, or may only wish to Host during the spring/summer/fall when they are not skiing themselves).
Contact: Ursula Wohlfarth, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 403-228-4435