The GBCTA has a number of major trail initiatives underway in 2019 that need your financial support. We rely on your donations to maintain the trail system – without you, we would not be able to maintain our trails.
What’s on the list for 2019:
- West Bragg Creek (Kananaskis Country) trails grooming, maintenance, mowing, brushing, tread repairs, reroutes, upgrades, construction, Kestrel trail construction, signage and Trails Centre. ($ 244,000)
- Rocky View County (RVC) Community trail maintenance, repair and upgrading on the Banded Peak Trail (BPT), BP Connector Trail, Centennial Trail and WBC TransCanada Trail (TCT) as follows ($ 40,000):
- Installation and compaction of fine trail gravel on the BPT to provide a smoother tread,
- Tread repairs, mowing, vegetation control and garbage/manure cleanup on all four RVC trails,
- Snow removal on the TCT,
The GBCTA is a registered Canadian charity. You will receive a charitable income tax receipt for donations over $20 provided you supply us with your name, mailing address and email address.
How To Donate:
- To donate online, please see: https://www.braggcreektrails.org/donate-now/
- Donate directly to GBCTA by cheque. Mail to Box 1379, Bragg Creek, AB, T0L0K0
- Donate with cash deposited at one of the three secure donation boxes at the West Bragg parking lot.
- Donate via e-transfer to bragg.creek.trails.org – no password required. Please include your name, address and email address under notes in your e-transfer to ensure we can send you a tax receipt.
GBCTA Mission: To develop & maintain non motorized trails in the Bragg Creek area for public recreation.
- Incorporated as an Alberta not for profit Society in 2004 & as a federally registered charity in 2007.
- Raised & spent a total of $3.5 million on Bragg Creek area trails since inception.
- Constructed & upgraded over 130 km of recreational trails in the West Bragg Creek (WBC) area of Kananaskis Country (KC) since 2010.
- Raised & spent $1.4 million on WBC trails in KC.
- Contributed 45,374 volunteer hours to West Bragg Creek trails in KC since 2011.
- Manages & maintains 152 km of trails in WBC in partnership with Alberta Parks including handling most winter ski grooming operations and summer trail work.
- Raised & spent $2.1 million on Bragg Creek trails in Rocky View County (RVC).
- Constructed 12 km of trails in RVC and Bragg Creek Provincial Park including the 7 km WBC Trail (TCT) from the Hamlet of Bragg Creek to WBC.
- Operates & maintains 12 km of trails in RVC and Bragg Creek Provincial Park.
- Has likely created a positive economic impact on local Bragg Creek businesses with 185,000 visitors to WBC trails in 2018, which is over a 400% increase since 2009.