Thanks for your interest in volunteering for Winter Ski and All Season Trail (AST/Fat Bike) grooming!
We are presently at capacity for volunteers but we would encourage you to forward a resume in the event that an opening arises. We require 20 hours of prior logged GBCTA volunteer time (trail building, fund raising, etc.) so that you can become accustomed to our safety culture and general policies and procedures.
Some general prerequisites for volunteering as a Groomer include;
- Willingness to study and pass the Restricted Radio Operators License (Aeronautical).
- Standard First Aid with CPR within the last 3 years.
- Recent snowmobile or ATV experience and a willingness to obtain an Operators Safety Certificate (for ski trail Groomers).
- Signed waiver providing access to your driving record.
- For AST Groomers we require recent off-road motorcycle experience.
Also recommended are:
- A high level of safety acumen and a willingness to learn all GBCTA Safety Policies and Procedures
- Familiarity with classic skiing and classic tracks (for ski trail Groomers).
- Familiarity with the West Bragg Creek Trail system.
- Be mechanically inclined and be willing to assist with equipment maintenance.
- Be physically fit.
- A commitment of about 2 hrs per week during the winter.
- Attending vehicle specific training provided on site.
- A great attitude!
If you think you have what it takes, forward your resume to :
Thanks for your interest!