Have you volunteered with the GBCTA? Are you interested in free Standard First Aid Courses? This is a great opportunity to increase your First Aid skills.
Each year, the Kananaskis Region Public Engagement – Community and Partner Relations Program offers Standard First Aid certification courses for volunteers and the staff who support them. The courses are taught by Parks staff who work with volunteers in the field, so course scenarios are Parks-practical.
We invite you to join our Standard First Aid Certification – CPR with AED (it’s the 2-day course) (on a first-come, first-served basis):
Standard First Aid- 2-day courses – upcoming dates – (9-5 both days)
- April 6/7 (Fish Creek Environmental Learning Centre) Sat/Sun 8-4:30 each day
- April 27/28 (Canadian Rockies Outdoor Learning Centre – Bow Valley Prov Pk) Sat/Sun 8-4:30 each day
- May 4/5 (Fish Creek Environmental Learning Centre) Sat/Sun 8-4:30 each day
- Potential dates June 1 / 2 (Canadian Rockies Outdoor Learning Centre – Bow Valley Prov Pk) BUT this will ONLY run if all if the other dates fill up and there is sufficient demand
Requirements for 2-day full course
You must be able to attend the full sessions on both consecutive days in order to complete all of the practical skills & test questions to certify
Bring with you:
- Lunch, snacks, coffee, water bottle
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that you can move around in
Contact GBCTA Safety Coordinator at GBCTA Admin if you qualify and are interested in attending. Provide your preferred course date, and your full email signature when replying to this email. We need first & last name, job title, email address, and phone number to complete your registration. You will receive an email back confirming your registration, or notification if that course is full. You will need to have been an active volunteer and have filled out a Parks Volunteers Release Form to be considered.
Volunteers – If you are certified in Standard First-Aid please let GBCTA Admin know.